Welcome to the Online Press Kit for Beyond Resistance
Strategies to Beat Stress In the Time of Trump
Life strategists Kathy Hertz and Donna Lipman reveal how to understand and handle overwhelming stress while maintaining the energy and desire to stay politically engaged
We are living in stressful times, and it can be challenging to know how to balance out a given day’s overwhelm with some semblance of clarity and calm within — no matter where you stand on the political spectrum. Now, there’s an empowering new book from life strategists Kathy Hertz and Donna Lipman that is inspiring people to renew their self-care and find fresh purpose in their political engagement.
Written for everyone from political observers to advocates and activists, the book includes tools, strategies, and exercises to help people manage emotions while listening to the day’s news, conversing with someone with opposing political views, or simply thinking about the state of the union.
For activists and would-be activists, “Beyond Resistance” is intended as a guidepost to creating your own proactive, effective, and manageable journey to political engagement — in whatever way works for you — so that you feel empowered to stand up and take action on what is important to you.
Donna and Kathy say: “We will help you clarify who you want to be, what you want to do, and how you want to do it. You will experience shifts in perspective that will not only have a positive impact on stress resulting from our current political reality but will also ripple throughout your life.”
– Cope with stress and overwhelm.
– Understand why you have such intense feelings and reactions.
– Navigate some of the major roadblocks that hold you back in your resistance and life.
– Identify what is most important to you and create a plan of action to achieve your goals while taking care of yourself in the process.
– Understand why Trump supporters are as ardent and committed as they are.
– Clearly listen for, hear, and trust your inner voice so you no longer need constant validation from others.
– Practice effective self-care, knowing it is neither self-indulgent nor selfish.
Anyone whose go-to tools just aren’t working right now to relieve stress and cope with difficult life circumstances will benefit from this book.